My First Fire

Opps!

Should I share this? 

 
Yes, I did it! 
 
While visiting with my grandkids  last night.. Thought I would fix a quick dinner.  Their choice,  chicken nuggets  with mac and cheese. 
 
I noticed a small amount of grease.  Really thought it would be fine  til after dinner.   We placed chicken nuggets on cookie sheet and started a pan of water on the stove top.   Sister went back outside while the baby and I got his jammies ready.  We were only gone for a couple minuets. 
 
Entering the kitchen I noticed small flames thru the glass door.  Thinking no way, I placed the baby in his chair. 
 
The fire grew!  It grew quickly!  I couldn’t find anything.. I was totally shocked!   Grabbed a bag of flour from pantry and doused the flames.  Gone.   Great.   Nope,  large  flames shortly flared.  Using more flour finally the flames were out permanently. 
 
Good thing my grand-daughter did not witness my fire in the oven.  I’m sure all the kids on the block would have been excited.
 
Yes, I had a huge mess to clean after dinner.  
 
In my fortysomething years I’ve never caused a fire in the oven.  
Wonder if my daughter will suggest McDonalds next time.
 
Advertisements

About Melissa Jackson

I'm a native Texan living in Parker County, Texas. My hobbies include fishing, scuba diving, riding our horses, attending various rodeo events and local trail rides. I enjoy spending time with family and friends. Working with buyers and sellers in both single family homes and farm / ranch sales. As a Realtor in the Fort Worth Metroplex I serve clients in Parker and Tarrant County. Dedicated to helping my buyers and sellers navigate the current real estate market utilizing the latest technologies, market research and business strategies. No two transactions are the same and yours will receive my personal attention. Communication and personal service is top priority for my clients. I will use my skills to make your dreams a reality!
This entry was posted in Family and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to My First Fire

  1. Laura says:

    This little group is crazy! We’ve had at least one hospital stay, a flood, a fire, a baby . . . what’s next??? Glad you got the fire out and everyone’s safe.

  2. Granny says:

    WOW, I really like the blog! Now I can keep up with all of you.

  3. Amy Warden says:

    Yikes!! I’m so glad you thought to grab a bag of flour and no one got hurt! What a mess to clean up, though. 🙂

  4. Toy Box Diva says:

    Hey Mimi,

    WOW I’m glad to hear that everything is ok. No more cooking for you! Lol

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s